Blossm Farm Goes out of control lol

Mrs Hunter Beorn
June 3, 2013
10 years, 11 months ago

Idk if this happened to anyone over the past day but it happened to me and the sim owners contacted me. The Blossm Farm practically spammed the sim with rezzing the little ship. The sim owner contacted me because of the performance issue and requested that the mossms animation be turned off. I have quite a few Mossms and have not had issue with them moving so I removed the farm and picked up over 600 prim worth of ships lol Anyway just a heads up, will send a ticket too if needed

RAINNNY
June 5, 2013
10 years, 11 months ago

Ill rent ya a part of a beach sim...lol

Progenitor
June 5, 2013
10 years, 11 months ago

Hi, Hunter. It can happen when the farm and the blossmator can't get enough script time to talk to each other. We've seen this happen a couple of times. In both cases, the sim was suffering badly, getting really terrible framerates. The first time we saw it happen, the owner of the region picked up her 200 or so physical pets that were wandering around the sim, and the problem fixed itself. The second time we saw it happen, the region was really rough and beyond the control of our mossm person, who picked up and moved to another sim, where there wasn't a problem.

Mossms are really well behaved, and can generally run well even in worst-case situations such as the breedable expo, where even people couldn't move but mossms were running just fine. However, the farm does malfunction as you describe when SL fails to deliver messages between the farm and the tractor.

I'm afraid I don't have any better suggestions other than improve the performance of the sim, or move (This is Rainnny's suggestion, too, I think). If you're going to fix the performance where you're at, a good place to start is look at collisions: when I saw this happening before, there was a ludicrous number of collisions going on, which went away once they got rid of some out of control physical creatures. (Mossms aren't physical.)

ღKensiღ
June 6, 2013
10 years, 11 months ago

I would be happy to rent you space if you need it. I own 3 fulls sims, so it is no trouble at all.

You must login to reply.