Passing traits of new unq of planet 5

ღ T I K ღ
June 17, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by ღ T I K ღ

Great news of the update and the new planet 5 !! Compliments to the creators/scripters again..smiles.
But I have a question; The new unq's of planet 5 can pass their blend and And what abt the "older" unq's? Will they still pass ONLY the traits of their ancestors? Or will they also pass their blend and color after the update? Coz that would be awesome in my opinion :)
Can't wait for the answer.. smiles ..Greets Tika

Asymmetrical
June 17, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by Moderator

We have not made any changes to the old content but we are looking at how we might do something like this with the old uniques later. For now though, it is just the planet 5 unique that passes.

ღ T I K ღ
June 18, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Thanks Asymm, I hope it wont take tooo long for the old uniques.. :)

Little Lelou Bender
June 18, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the new unique mossms!

Desy
June 22, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

If uniques start passing coats and colors, then what makes them unique?

Asymmetrical
June 22, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

That's a great question. The opposing question is... if they don't pass traits what makes them valuable. These are the problems we need to solve before we do anything with them.

Mrs Hunter Beorn
June 22, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

They are valuable to some simply because they are rare. If a unique passes the coat, they are no longer unique, they are simply another texture. Value is determined by the customer and their personal preferences for collecting.

Andreaus Beck
June 23, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by Andreaus Beck

tricky one this isnt it, i just got my first uniq since i started breeding, uniq's dont really interest me same as limited editions but i was kinda chuffed ( happy) when i got my first one,i do agree with Desy and Hunter passing on the full coat no longer makes it a uniq, and some people have already paid in excess of 30,000l$ for a uniq because of that very fact, to make it so older uniqs pass their coat would probably upset those people, uniq's are for the collector the people that like to get one of each of them, they only collect them because of the rarity value, what if the uniq's carried a coat in their ancestory that only they have that they can pass to other mossms during breeding not their coat but a new coat or trait, ( but make it so the odds of getting the passed coat or trait is actually harder than getting the uniq) that would keep the collectors happy who paid a lot to get theirs and also people who think there no good for breeding so dont really bother with them, i like a challenge and would prob breed the uniq's for a long odds shot at a mossm with their hidden coat or trait, but that's just me thinking out load, ps we dont all want to see markets full of uniq's the thing i love about mossms is that there are soooooo many different ones theres something for everyone, personally i love gradients they are my favorite traited mossm, others love different traits, please dont make them all about the uniq's, personally i wouldt like a uniq to pass its own coat i know a few would but its just an opinion :) pps I LOVE MOSSMS ^-^

Aloriana Shadowstar
June 23, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I like the idea of Andreaus do NOT have the "old" unique pass their traits, but have them have a chance to give a new coat/trait (black white checked flag pink polkadotted mossm).

And yes have the chance of it passing smaller than it is of getting an unique :)

Andreaus Beck
June 23, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by Andreaus Beck

ok love the black and white part but can we avoid the pink polka dots giggles

edited to add Jiminy's idea
Jiminy Kling: maybe they could just pass a part of their blend/pattern but with the colors related to bloodline/planet where you breed the baby,shouldn't pass the exact uniq coat, but maybe something related to it,

You must login to reply.