Error or misinterpretation ?

Aloriana Shadowstar
June 18, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by Aloriana Shadowstar

I tried to breed two mossms together, and according to the breeding screen it should work no same ancestry....however it did not work. After looking more carefully I saw they had the same greatgrandfather (or rather...one of the ones I was trying to mate was the great grandfather of the other). I was under the impression that only the ones shown on the breeding screen was relevant? Was I mistaken there, or do Mossms pull from deeper than the breeding screen shows?

I tried to breed these two
http://www.mossms.com/p/Aloriana77/mossm/B.Gay/
http://www.mossms.com/p/Aloriana77/mossm/Francis/

Added : yes when selecting them it showed they were not a compatible pair....but still it came as a nasty surprise cause I purposedly worked on this line :).

Progenitor
June 18, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

For identifying relatives it goes back another generation. The ancestors that impact the baby are the ones shown on the breeding screen. It is on our roadmap to make those two things consistent.

Andreaus Beck
June 18, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

it would be good if the only ancestors shown on the mossms page were the only ones that impacted on the breeding :), showing the same mossoms you see on the breeding screen, i also thought great grandparents were involved lol

Pebbles Blake
June 18, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Consistent would be great! I have a fair few Mossms with no mates at all right now. Its getting harder to track who is related to who.

Cilia
June 19, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Progenitor, if it is on the roadmap to make them consistent, would you mind saying which way you will be going? To the way they impact the baby or the way relatives are identified now?

Aloriana Shadowstar
June 20, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Thanks for the clarification :)

Progenitor
June 20, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

The plan is
- include one more generation into the breeding (the way it was originally)
- show images for the additional generation of mossms (not sure yet how we'll fit that many more tiny mossm images in, but that's the plan)
- leave the check for common ancestors for checking for relatives the same as it is now, but it'll now be consistent.

We're also looking at some other minor changes at the same time, such as increasing the weight of the parents somewhat, and also including the dna of the parents' planets a little bit as well.

Cilia
June 20, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Thanks Progenitor. That's another 16 tiny mossm images you will need to add to the breeding menu. Should be a breeze. :)

Pebbles Blake
June 21, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Okay, that's not gonna help me, I'm already running into the issue of having no one to mate too. I went out yesterday and searched two markets and found several related to mine in one way or another for sale. The people I was sharing my breeding with are also at the point of not being able to help as they have the same issue as we have shared breedings. I was hoping that it would be consistent with the breeding screen , not the control screen.

Asymmetrical
June 21, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Interesting that you are running in to that Pebbles. Sounds like you might need to expand your searchable areas. ;)

You must login to reply.