something for the small breeders?

Andreaus Beck
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

please dont shoot me this is only my opinion :).
planet 5 was released far too early in the game with mossms still to find on the other planets and is really out of reach for a lot of players with the high cost in resources needed to breed on it not to mention the cost to buy environments, this i feel played into the hands of the huge breeders with pre warning that the planet was on its way gave them time to build up large amount of resources some even managed to breed on the planet the same day as it was released, and the same thing will happen when planet 6 is released in the future, at first i thought mossms would be different from other breedables not being able to fill the markets with 100's of the same mossms i was correct with that but not with planet jumping i totally forgot about that aspect of the game, i'm not having a dig at huge breeders there just playing the game :), but i feel we really need something that is aimed at small breeders too cos as a small breeder i feel totally out of reach in the game now, prices in the markets have dropped significantly over the past few weeks and auctions are having problems too with a lot of no sales, with out small breeders the huge breeders will have no one to sell to, i have stopped buying now and im reducing my mossms drastically this weekend keeping the ones i love that i bred, Please keep the small breeders in mind when thinking of ways to build the game i love the mossms but im really concerned with the way things are going at the moment it worries me that they might end up being a breedable where those with a lot and that can advance fast enough to breed on the new planet the same day its released will just end up controlling the game, ps this is just my opinion ok so dont hurt me :)

rena Milena
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Amen to that

Jocelyn Jolles
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I guess it doesn’t matter if it is a real life or Secondlife, the complaint is always the same. It isn’t fair. Well, I am going to get on my high horse and probably upset quite a few people but I am in the right mood today to speak my mind. First let me say, life isn’t fair. Second, bigger breeders only appear to have an advantage because they can accrue the lux or teq at a faster rate. However, the reality is, bigger breeders are on the same level of play as you. The food costs the same and the starter kits cost the same. For example, you have ten mossms and another player has 500 mossms. Here is a rough break down of cost. A player with 10 mossms can expect to pay for food in one year, $20,600L plus land costs to house the mossms, $14,560L for a total of $35,160L per year. A player with 500 mossms can expect to pay for food in one year, $1,030,000L plus land costs to house the mossms, $728,000L for a total of $1,758,000L per year.
Guess what, it takes one disco lux to entertain a family of 10 mossms, it takes 50 for 500. There is no price break on how many discos’ you buy. Also, it still takes the same amount of resources to breed for a big or small breeder. The amount of reserve food still needs to cover a week before a breeder can breed. Again, no break or advantage for a larger breeder, they still have to follow the same rules as a small breeder.
Also, breeding on planet 4 or 5 or whatever planet it is, it is about the genetics and LUCK. A bigger breeder does not have an advantage on any planet in breeding. You can influence the outcome of the color but not the blend. The blend comes from luck, the color from knowledge of genetics. The game is fair for small and big breeders, it is always up to the player how much they want to invest into the game, don’t be disappointed because someone else gets to a higher level before you. Enjoy the game at your pace so that it is enjoyable, and if people are only here to make money, then they are in for a long and hard road. The argument that a bigger breeder has an advantage is a crock of crap.

Andreaus Beck
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by Andreaus Beck

i wasnt having a dig at huge breeders but huge breeders do have a huge advantage ok you pay a lot more im not disputing that but you have to admit theres no way small breeders can compete

Jocelyn Jolles
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I guess I don't understand what exactly you mean by small breeders can't compete. Exactly where is the disparity in fairness, please explain.

Morducai
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I guess if I had to categorize myself, I would be considered a small breeder. One thing I think that plays into the perception of big vs small breeders is the fact people see these so called big breeders posting, selling and advertising their amazing and hard to get mossms... we need to keep in mind we have no idea how many "duds" these people had to breed before they that one amazing mossm, they may have had to breed 10 times before that and those 10 were duds not worth showing off.

Not sure this would help but maybe there could be a "refresher course" in genetics and breeding for those that want to learn or remember more. Or maybe people have one or two real close friends you trust and could exchange mossm to breed. I know I do that with my partner.

I'm not lecturing or anything but I don't compare my breeds with any other breeders. I only compare mine with mine. That way I am always happy(well usually ;) ) Just try to improve your last breed.I see people posting their rare amazing mossm in the group and here comes Morducai and posts his silly plain ol blue green cheetah.. I don't care that mine isn't as good as theirs, I am just thrilled at what I got.

I also don't think any breedable game is a way to make money, sure you may make some money on sales but I really doubt anyone ever comes out ahead. Mossms is just a very fun and cute game, make the most of it and enjoy it

ӄαȶђ
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I totally agree with you Morducai....except on one point. A blue green Cheetah is anything but silly to me...it's awesome!

Jocelyn Jolles
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I agree Kath - a blue green cheetah is AWESOME!!

Morducai
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I agree too. Cheetah's are awesome. I just meant mine were silly personality wise the way they dance and act.

Progenitor
June 28, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by Progenitor

Andreaus said,

planet 5 was released far too early in the game with mossms still to find on the other planets and is really out of reach for a lot of players with the high cost in resources needed to breed on it not to mention the cost to buy environments

That's a valid viewpoint. Here's how I see it. We're going to expand the game in every direction: at the high end, like we did with Faunarosa, and also at the low end, adding new things that are cheap and easy to access.

But everything we add at both ends benefits and impacts all the players. You mentioned for example that the Faunarosa things are too expensive to access. Well, if you can get your hands on a violet and/or pink Mossm, you can mate it and reproduce it and make all kinds of things with it very inexpensively on planets 1 and 2. You can do that today if you go to an auction and buy one. (I've seen some of the mossms being auctioned today, and they're so cool!) If the price is too expensive for you, then keep an eye on the market. Eventually, you'll be able to afford pink and purple mossms as the supply goes up.

So even the "expensive" content is, or will be, readily available to people at the low end over time. Similarly, as we add new things at the low end, people heavily invested in mossms are going to want and use those things, too.

As for your predictions about "how you thought mossms was going to turn out", I think it's a little early to be announcing how Mossms are going to finish. We're just getting started, we're growing, and we haven't really begun to do all the things we're capable of doing. We just can't release everything simultaneously. We're a small team of people totally devoted to making Mossms as fun and delightful as they can be, and we're working on that non-stop. So have a good time breeding, and we'll keep bringing more stuff that'll surprise and delight you.

You must login to reply.