breeding restrictons

jax Modan
July 16, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I agree in a ideal world a larger community is the answer , we not living in a ideal world though a lot of people are suffering financially , all the breedable markets are suffering big time , the point I was trying to make is I have been to countless auctions and see countless good mossms not sell only for several people remark in the local chat that they loved the mossm and would of bought it if it wasn't related to theirs ,surely less rigid restrictions would help eliminate that way of thinking at least in the short term what u guys think

Little Lelou Bender
July 17, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago
Edited 10 years, 10 months ago by Little Lelou Bender

I think that's part of what makes the mossms challenging. Yes, every once in a while I run into the problem of not being able to breed a pair because they are related. That usually sends me out to an auction for a new mossm with some fresh blood. Do I ever have to not buy a mossm because one of his relatives came from my lines, sure. That just encourages me to go to the group chat and see if someone will loan/ trade me a mossm for an oomph or two. Everyone in the community is friendly and helpful I'm sure you can find someone to give your lines the fresh blood you need.

Topper Naxos
July 17, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

i think its a young market that needs growing advertise advertise advertise persuade recruit be passionate about mossms and others will be too

Morducai
July 17, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I would like to see the restrictions on breeding with great-grand parents dropped. By doing that you are creating up to 8 new breeding possibilities per mossm.

I agree that is a young market and advertising and promotion is quite helpful.

Maybe the creators could come up with a promotional idea, like during the month of August (or for a week)any new person that buys an 8 pack of starters will receive a limited edition item(sort of like what was done with the pizza ovens). Although I'm sure that would open up to most everyone creating alts.

Another idea would be to have the achievements actually mean something. Say, for every pre-determined number(10,20,50,etc) of achievements they earn they get a free pack of food.

All I know is I enjoy my mossms whether I sell them or not. I think they are the best breedable on SL. Would I love to make more sales and be able to afford to buy other breeders mossms more often?, of course!

Pebbles Blake
July 19, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

try taking Mossms to stalls and other sims that dont have mossms on , Mossm only markets are only attracting people who all ready have them.

Leigh Gears
July 19, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

That's great idea pebbles, even a vendor/information kiosk so people can get the info needed to would help grow the community, set up in other places outside the Breeders markets. People come to my sim and say wow at them, some even ask for more info, I just point them the main sim/HQ and to the website. But having info on hand for people to grab as they walk around would help.

Aizik
July 19, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I had just been talking to someone inworld about that ..That most places cater to Mossy only and the ones that do have other breeds ..still not much traffic there .. and no info "desk" as it were. I plan to go find some cheep rentals and put a pod out maybe and note giver ..stir some new comers maybe. The one thing I have liked the most is the fun and the people ..MOST all are very helpful and enjoying it not trying to corner the market like some breed things have been. =D

Eveline
July 19, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

I would also like to see the restrictions on breeding with great-grand parents dropped.For me it is hard enough to buy food, let alone buy new mossms everytime. At some point i just have to quit the entire thing because i cant breed anymore

Zev Luv
July 19, 2013
10 years, 10 months ago

Having separate lines breeding whos babies you can breed together helps with the breeding restrictions.

You must login to reply.