mossms for resources

jax Modan
July 17, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

hi guys just throwing this in , recently people been saying the market becoming satuated , this is my idea how about a new le mossm that has passable traits , the only way to get this mossm would be to exchange resource points for it , I mean a considerable amount of the top of my head maybe 40k of every resource , this in turn would possibly mean people slowed down their breeding to save the resources to aquire the le mossm less breeding means less satuation , being passable traits too would mean people just starting out with low mossms and equipment could possibly purchase the traits from a o/s , we may even see people buy up cheap starters etc from the paddocks to increase their mossms to obtain the required resources quicker

Asymmetrical
July 17, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Hi Jax. This is a really neat idea. Thanks for sharing it.

I mentioned in another thread that we have some improvements coming to the "send mossms to space" system. I don't have a specific release date for these improvements because there are other things scheduled in front of it but we think you guys will enjoy it. I'll talk more about it as it gets closer.

On a side note: we love all the great ideas you guys have and while me may not be able to implement them all we sure do enjoy reading them. Please keep them coming!

Andreaus Beck
July 17, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Andreaus Beck

i personally believe that once you go down this road creating something to try to help the market with limited editions then the game could possibly end up just being all about that certain mossm, ( what happens when people get bored with the first LE do you bring out another one)
it will be interesting to see what happens next as the value of planet 5 mossoms are now for some of them below the 1k mark, i personally believe that the next move for the mossms is to bring something out to make use of the stats and skills, this will add a new angle to breeding and the sale of mossms with skill value, i really dont breed much anymore as i have become disillusioned by the values of mossms on the market and the speed that they now seem to loose their value, creating "special" mossms is not the solution to a market problem.

Asymmetrical
July 17, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

The simplest way to describe what is happening here is that there is not enough desire. We need more people to WANT Mossms than currently do and we are focusing on that in a serious way. We will deliver new and fun things as quickly as we are able and we strongly believe the new things and continued community growth will spark some life into the secondary economy.

Aizik
July 17, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Just some thoughts I have had the past 2 weeks::..
May give people something to agree or go NO about but may help as well.. all I want to do is say I love the people behind the Mossms and YOU do great work and are by far the best to deal with in SL on anything I have ever had to contact makers of a product about.
That said::.
I hate to give up any mossy I make really ...but started selling/trading them and podding for later use and or sending back to get resources back as well.. I have seen really REALLY good mossys as low as 99L this past week and some that 2 weeks ago was 20+k now down to 2,500 to 5K. I have tried some other breed things and they are by far not as much fun as mossys ..but I think ALL of them need to have a price cap ..really I'd rather sell 10 mossys at 100l each often, then sit around weeks trying to sell only 1 mossy for 10K..one it makes my mossy count go down quicker and 2 it keeps the lines more open when people feel they are getting a deal and can maybe make a cool mossy to keep and /or sell ... I have paid max 3,600 for 1 mossy ( and got great keepers out of him) and that is not something I can do thing every month and anything over that is out of the question unless I sold a bunch of mossys and had the lindens to play with.. I like making them and seeing if my hunches pay off by getting a cool mossy so far the best one I made is still sitting and working ..they where high priced when I first started doing them and by the time I did one ..really rather just keep him hes one of my fave types. I'm sure there are some people out there pouring funds into the market and even maybe turning lindens in to real money if they are lucky .. but I don't think it would last if the prices of every new thing popping out is high then if a person waits around can pick it up cheep or even GASP makes one by surprise ..which is what a lot of the best ones seems to be .. a chance mating and you get lucky. A price cap would make all mossys equal and desirable to the average ..pet mossy keeper to the top breeders .. MORE sells at good prices make more fun more customers and more people wanting to try them and stick with them ..I like then well enough I have thrown hard earned money into them and have enjoyed it ..even tho the most I have made off a sell was around 2K ..and that was at auction. If I added up my money return ..my shop would in real life be ready to go bankrupt ..and based only on mossy sells and from owning a real life business - I KNOW I need sells and that means hard choices - I send some in to clear out the shop/prims and get food and stuff back to make more and tend to the ones I have..and that means to ..I will have a price cap on my mossys in my I will be repricing any of my mossys I have and none will be over 3,000L - If I feel I have one that is worth - more then that I will use it up and/or keep or send it back - give it away or try putting it at auction ..and HOPE - as long as I get the reaction I got the first time I saw one which was to smile and have fun on the spot I will do them lindens willing.
** AND I know some will go NO NO WAY to a price cap but ..I am thinking there needs to be a way to keep Mossms EQUAL to all ..so many of the other things ..make one get one good sell and then you just have to give up or pour more into it till everyone is stuck with the same things and same problem ..a at least suggested sell price for each type would be good give you a start price and if you have the funds .. buy it what ever you can afford WHICH is what I do..I have no choice but to do that ..even if I sold all my stock tomorrow I'd still stay at my price cap I set for myself.

Little Lelou Bender
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Little Lelou Bender

Aizik, I don't know if you have sat down and done the math, but it costs more then 100L just to breed a new mossm. If people need to sell thier mossms at a loss to recoup some cash, that is their right but I would personally rather cryo my mossms then do that. It would be nice if breeders could agree to not sell mossms for less then X amount of lindens, I would be cool with that. But there were always be people who would sell for less, thats just how these things go. As for a price cap I can't see many people agreeing with that.

Jiminy Kling
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Ok i will say it : a price cap? NO WAY lol. Lelou is totally right, count food and rental, it costs more to feed than sell for 100 linden, first point. Second point, regarding all the work i put in my line, yeah i rather send to space than sell for 100 linden just to please you. What will make a mossm desirable is the ancestry, if you wanna sell a lucky shot mossm for 3K, allright that is your choice. My lines im building by buying strong ancestry to fit mines (and not for 3K) and if i have a mossm with X blend and 6 more of that blend in the ancestry, it will surely be more desirable than a lucky shot one and it doesn't represent the same amount of time and thought and money i put into it than your "lucky shot" one. So no, i wont cap my prices cause i am ready to pay what is needed for a very good one, ill do same with those im selling.

Ayanna
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I wont sell any mossm for 100L even workers are more valuable than that for resources.

Morducai
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I like that idea Jax, but if it were me, I'd make the cost even higher than 40K. ( I know you said it was off the top of your head), but it's a great idea.

Aizik
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

It can cost the cost the cost of 2 starter set to get a good mossy ..
Or it can takes weeks of trying to build a line to get the same one..
Im capping mine none over 3K ( none under 100K - based onlow oomp etc) anything that might be over the 3K price,though no mossy is worth anything with out a buyer. I will use/send back/ or turn into a pet if when that happens, or put for bid if its one that might be good to someone else to use out of all the mossys only one is most desirable to me and it was around 20K now can find for 9k .. but I wont buy till its 3K or less unless I make one ..which I'm working on. I'd just like to have it more even for all.. and I think if a few work on getting people to try them it will be a help all around. I know a price cap is not something that could be set unless there where a way they could not be priced for more then what the cap was set.. and some would not even try them for more then a pet then I suppose. I myself tho am doing them for fun not funds. all my sells will go back to buying fresh blood and food and coins for my shop ..and profits would go back to freebies I would give away.
It's possible to run a business rl life and I have for over 15 years and you just can't mess with what works and if it works for the shop in sl I will stick with it there as well. Anyway my thoughts and my way of working. it's just up to the person doing them as to the way and what they want to do with the Mossms =D

You must login to reply.