about "Keepin' It In The Family"

Hamr
July 23, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

This means they no longer take traits from great gran at all? so all the OS that has in great gran are now ready for space or cryo?

Not upset at this just wondering if I can now weed those out of my ranks.

Asymmetrical
July 23, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

This change has to do with which mossms can mate with each other, Hamr. Family members cannot mate and we removed one layer of what's considered family. Traits still pass the same.

Hamr
July 23, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Hamr

ah ok so traits still pass.. cool thank you :)

Edit: Was not sure if the whole third layer was removed from the math or not.

Little Lelou Bender
July 23, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Did I miss something lol? When does/did this go into effect?

Ayanna
July 24, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for explaining Asymmetrical because earlier I know a lot of people were thinking traits from great grandparents no longer play a role.

Progenitor
July 24, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Lelou, this is what we're discussing. It went into effect the date of the blog post. http://mossms.com/news/keepin-it-family/

Regarding which traits have a chance of passing to the baby, you can see this on the breeding screen: the ancestors shown in the breeding screen are the ones whose dna goes into the pool with a chance to come forward.

What we've changed here is how we restrict which mossms are related: we now restrict them only if one of the ancestors shown on the breeding screen is in common; previously we looked back one additional level.

Morducai
July 24, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I think I need more coffee or I am becoming more dense as the hours go by. Every time I read an explanation I get more confused.

Now we can breed our mossms with their great grandparents?

I'd look on my breeding screen but I am not allowed to because I don't have enough food

Little Lelou Bender
July 24, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Great! Now I will look over all my mossms again and try some breeding back with grandparents and see how that goes!

You must login to reply.