Buying food online

Hayla
July 27, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I wish there was a way to add food via the website. I went away for a fun weekend at the beach only to get a message that my mossms will starve before I get back because I forgot to Rez the food I bought before I left. :( Being able to buy online would be helpful in emergency situations.

Little Lelou Bender
July 27, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Yes it would def help when you have things to do or have to go out of town, but I would think it would be tricky for them to charge us via the website.

Eveline
July 28, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

would be a very good idea indeed. I am leaving for a vacation soon adn will be away for 3 weeks. being able to buy food online and add it would solve a lot of troubles for me too

RavenGothly1
July 28, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I think this would be an Awesome Idea . could check your babies while away and be able to make sure the little Guys and gals could eat : )

Asymmetrical
July 29, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Asymmetrical

We cannot withdraw L$ from your avatar through a web interface and since your credit cards and/or pay-pal accounts are on file with your avatar that's probably a good thing.

In order to make something like this happen we would have to require users to keep an L$ balance with us and if someone has to have the foresight to pay an L$ deposit before going on vacation they might as well just buy the food. ;)

rena Milena
July 30, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

or just make sure there is enough food out there when you go away the board is telling you how manny days your mossms can eat.
I find this one of the best solutions there is when i cant log or go away i dont have to worry they will starve. I always make sure that i atleast 2 weeks of food works for me fine.

Leigh Gears
July 31, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Asymmetrical, I have my site set up with PayPal and payments are not made on my site. With a PayPal Merchant account a link is given to you from paypal that you put in your site/purchase page coding that sets up a redirection to a secure https page on Paypal, you never see how the customer pays. Paypal then sends a payment confirmed message back to the purchase page and the delivery happens or sends a payment failed message and tells the customer sorry. You don't even need to have https set up on here either to use that PayPal system.

Asymmetrical
July 31, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Ah yes, taking real world payments is definitely doable from a technical stand point. We can consider this idea.

Keera Woyseck
Aug. 1, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Or maybe we can get a choice of getting back resources OR a credit on our mossm account when we send off mossms. With that credit we could buy food online. I too agree it would be nice to be able to feed them out of SL. I travel with my ipad, not a laptop.

ღ Callista Daviau ღ
Aug. 3, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

For those of you with and android you can get an app called lumiya. It lets you see and interact in world on your phone or tablet...dont know if that would help anyone and its only 3 bucks...one time fee

You must login to reply.