Forum etiquette

Aloriana Shadowstar
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I never expected there would be a day where I would have to write about forum etiquette, but what is happening now is just too damn silly for words and it has me quite upset.

What I see happening, is right after I make a post about an auction, 20 1-2-3 month olds posts get a reply within 5 minutes, thus dropping the post that I made to the second page. Right after that there is a needless bump, just to bring their own post back to #1.

I am on no ones payroll but RoNa's I love mossm's, I work my ass off for the community and yes I post spams for several spnsors, I proudly spam for the Talk show, I donate my time and mossms for the talkshow, I freely give countless hours to help others where I can.

This feels like a slap in my face, Obvious it is more important to promote your personal auction than it is to think about the community at a whole, Am sorry to say I will not use the forums anymore.

Aloriana
(typed all on my own account, all statements in this post are purely my own and not those of the people I call friends who happen to be a sponsor)

COOLBRAIN
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

We will be adding an ad forum section within the next few days for this and several other issues. I'll be removing the ad posts currently in the general forum afterwards. If bumping becomes an issue there we'll take care of it. :)

Aloriana Shadowstar
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I appreciate the gesture but I do not think an add forum will work. People will slip over that forum. I mean....there is a reason there is advetisement on tv between series and movies and not a dedicated "commercial channel" who would watch it? :)

Progenitor
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

You raise a valid point, Aloriana. We're considering what to do about it now.

The thing is, we need to be focusing on our product, and adjudicating disputes among a bunch of people that won't play nice together has become a significant drain on our resources, and I'm not sure what to do about that.

We're considering what to do. Thanks!

Aloriana Shadowstar
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Perhaps have a few cooler heads (that definitely leaves me out) be a moderator? I so agree with you, you all need to be able to focuss on the product. I sincerely apologize if I have caused any drain on your resources.

You guys (creators & support team) do an amazing job and are truly appreciated by all

Asymmetrical
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Hang in there with us on the forums, Aloriana. We've spent the better part of the morning contemplating this and other problems. We'll do our part to make things better.

Aizik
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I was puzzled about the comments about "ads" for auctions I saw less then 5 in 2 months ..I think they help find new places to go and new mossys ..a tabbed place for personal ads would be good I think . Its impossible to be in every group to get all the notices and then some send so many things over and over its easier to just check random in groups to see an ad then be in the group all the time. Esp when if your like I am I have only 1 slot open to pop in and out of a group as I need it =D

Morducai
Aug. 7, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

As a community I feel we should all support each other as much as possible and that includes secondary markets and auction houses. That is why I was a bit surprised to see an auction "pop up"at the same time of an already scheduled auction. Yes, I know it was a 'special occasion" (Saying goodbye to orange). But for the sake of the community, I'd like to see all auction houses work together and not duplicate times.

Can't we all get along, lets go kick a Fennux or something ( Relax , it was just an attempt at humor).

You must login to reply.