Maybe you can help

Desy
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

I see so many leaving mossms, can I ask why? What are your suggestions?

Asymmetrical
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

If they left they probably aren't seeing this. ;)

Aloriana Shadowstar
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

I doubt Desy asked for suggestions from the people that left =p But here is my 0,002 cents worth :

I don't have a freaking clue....it feels like it happened overnight. One of the things I feel that is not being done properly is the marketing. We as breeders/players try and bring in people, but to me it -feels- like we are the sole people doing it, I see no active marketing being done by the mossm team (not saying there isnt just that I do not see it),

I see other breedables hold a lot of Q&A sessions, I see their groups going, people get interested, why not do that? Once a month hold a Q&A with the community on a sim? Or a "developer talk" to tell us all what is happening and in development.

I love the mossms and I love the interactivity, but it is hard to warrant myself to pay food for 100+ mossms on a promise that "we are working on things" without knowing what is being worked upon. I think some transparancy about the development plans combined with some Q&A and marketing effort from the mossm team would keep people interested and would help with the feeling that we are not alone. (just speaking for myself).

I hope it all did not sound negative, for I truly love the mossms and I think the interactivity with environments is what makes them unique!

~Alor

Rob
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

I think this is a very serious and important topic that Desy brings up.; And not something that need to make "jokes" about.

My personal opinion about this is a bit like Aloriana. And i think that just some blends and some colors wont do.. Their must be much more difference in mossms. Different species maybe, Sizes. ect.

Indeed a little bit more news about what you all are working on would be nice. People like to know what is coming up. Staying on the background and never come online anymore wont help solving the problems.

I still fully support the mossms and i wont go anywhere :-). But we also need to be realistic. things aint going good and something need to be changed.

Greetings
Rob

Aizik
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

I am enjoying the mossys ..even with low sells and I really myself don't mind trading 1-4-1 as long as the one I get has at least 2 oomf ..though some have asked why?? I will trade any I have that I want to trade that has 2-10 oomf for ANY that has at least 2 oomf..why it gives me a new mossy to try and you a great deal if you get one with 10 ..I don't mind that. I know NOT everyone can have enough lindens to do all they want or need to do. I myself have a budget of 25.00$ US a MONTH and that is it.

I have felt at times though when someone stumbled into my shop ..and asked about the "things" running around ..that even though I was excited to tell them about them and they seemed a bit curious IT was like pulling teeth to get them to look at the web page.. to the point I would have to copy paste answers just to save time and being ready to just sigh at them..lazy??
IDK I guess I think some other breed things maybe makes people sour on them no matter what they are..

I down sized to a new place this past weekend less prims so I'm working a bit harder to MAKE mossys to keep and use and or sell trade.. but it will keep me able to play around with them a bit more and keep enjoying it. And as long as I can at least make 1000L a week on sells or get new blood in on trades,I will keep doing them.

But I would like something inworld to give out ~ a booklet to wear such as I have seen is nice but we need something that explains them and lights a fire under them to get in there and start making the ONE that will be great ..to keep them in there and playing.
other ideas..IDK I've been racking my brains a while now and I just keep making them and enjoying them on my own time and pleasure.
AND as far as the Mossy team they rock I have never had a better bunch to deal with ..and also people at all the places I have rented,shopped or mossy hung out at ..I have only had one person I just was like for real?? and just blocked lol so It can't be the people that are hurting things.

jax Modan
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

I agree with desy so I have a few ideas maybe give the team something to think about , firstly I think 1 of the biggest problems is a lack of a challenge , sure its nice to make dif coloured mossms but then what , everyone of us can make dif coloured mossms what we need is a challenge , I know the teams working on the gameplay side of things but in my heart I cant really see this making much dif , are new people gonna come in just to see their mossm make toast , maybe there will be a opportunity to have contests at the sponsors places with cash prizes that's 1 for the future , I been thinking about this all day and this is my idea , why not introduce some new special mossms , im thinking along the lines if you breed 2 tigers together u get a very small chance of a special tiger my idea would be a rainbow tiger , very rare and very hard to get but possible , this would work with all breeds ie 2 gradients rainbow gradient , 2 cheetahs rainbow cheetah , 2 puffs rainbow puff , to ravens rainbow raven , 2 muses rainbow muse and so on , these specials I believe shoudnt pass their coat as that would flood the market but have a very special trait they could pass , how about this for a idea what if they possessed a special skill they could pass , each 1 could have a dif skill they could pass , tiger stealth skill , cheetah cunning skill etc, imagine when the game play comes in if apart from the basic skills u could breed in 1 of the special skills from the rainbow specials or poss even 2 or 3 new skills from the specials imagine the game play then , not to mention the added value of these new mossms , as long as they rare and hard to get

Morducai
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago
Edited 10 years, 8 months ago by Morducai

I "left" Mossms, but I check in the forum once a week or so just to see if anything new and exciting is happening.

It may sound corny , but leaving Mossms was very hard. I grew attached to the little critters. They were a breath of fresh air in a world of "same old, same old breedables."

I don't have one BIG reason for leaving, but rather an accumulation of little reasons. (In no particular order)
1) Too expensive to feed a lot of Mossms- (Yes, I know I could have cut down on the number of mossms I had. In fact I did cut down from 100+ to 20 or so. But with so few Mossms , it seemingly took forever to build enough resources to breed.)(Yes, I know ALL breedables can get expensive)

2)Secondary Market- I would sell a "quality Mossm" on auction or a stand for a very low price. What little lindens I made on my sale went straight to food, I couldn't support or buy any other breeders mossms for very long.
I had a going out of business sale, which I advertised in the groups. I was selling baby tigers, cheetahs, etc with great lines for 100 L each. Know how many I sold out of 100+? ZERO.

3) Space- not outer space , or prim space , but "size space". With all the mossms I had and the environments I had out on our land. the mossms took over, we had to get rid our house. All that was left was mossm houses, environs, etc. Towards the end I got rid of all the lower end environs. but Lux and Teq, and just converted . Yes, I could have rented space on other sim for my environs and mossms, but once again, that costs Lindens, It is nice to have a house back on my land again, I must admit.
I honestly think that because environments are needed to be rezzed in world , couple that with the fact the mossms themselves are pretty big, that may be putting off some people from getting into Mossms. Most breeders are used to simply rezzing a tiny home, a bowl of food and breedables. (Just my opinion, not based on scientific fact .)

4) boredom, very simply, I just got bored breeding for,color patterns tigers, cheetahs, Moonstars,etc. I would like to see different traits, like diff size Mossms, maybe diff. ears, tails. hairs.

The point of my post was to offer insight from someone "who left". I hope no one finds it necessary to tell me what I could have done differently or what I did wrong. That wasn't the intention of this post. My reasons may or may not sound like legit reasons to everyone, but the fact of the matter is, They are MY reasons that caused me to leave. I am sure those others who left have different reasons for doing so. I only speak for myself, no one else.

One last thing. In no way was the lack of news or information from the creators a factor in my leaving. In fact , for me just the opposite is true. I found the creators to be the "best in the biz". Maybe things have changed in the time I have been gone, but I have found the creators and mods to be very open and accessible to anyone for feedback, suggestions, help, etc. In fact, part of me feels like I let them and my mossms down by leaving ( Yea, it's corny I guess. Sue me ;) ) Having Q&A's, News Updates,etc would not have kept me in Mossms. Heck , even if I got a personal IM from the creators every morning updating me on everything Mossms, wouldn't have made a difference to me.

I will still keep following here in the forum and the blog to see if anything changes. I can't say I will never be back...never say never.
Thanks for reading and I hope you understood me.

Vivian Redenblack
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

The problem is that the "team" react as if we are not allowed to have opinions, we have all put a lot of money into these breedables and we all want them to work but we need to be able to criticise without feeling that we are being stupid. If we had the forums that may help and also I totally agree with jax, we need something to be a challenge because atm there is nothing to breed for. The Unqs were too perfuse and the orange flooded the market so where was the fun in getting them? People are fed up with waiting for something to happen, maybe the challenges should have been sorted before the mossms were even bought onto the breedables market.

ƊƦ ŔЄЄßЄՏ
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

1. Let us make a landmark to the main mossm sim? Seems odd to close it off like that as theres no traffic :/
2. I'd love to help make the aesthetics of the mossms more appealing (compared to other breedables). Devs are welcome to IM me for that.

Deb Heron
Aug. 28, 2013
10 years, 8 months ago

Hi there .. perhaps I am too new .. or perhaps I am too old .. not quite sure .. but I hear everyone wanting to know what is in the future .. I have learned quite a few things reading back through the forums and through the news. I think we are losing sight to the fact its a game and even in the biggest shoot um ups .. there are slow periods. This is a very good team of developers .. I have been very impressed .. I found Mossms from a guy when I asked the question in a Builders group "Where is the Magic in SL?" I don't want a Real Life here .. I want the Magic of a SL .. maybe you all need to sit with your Mossms and just watch them .. perhaps we need to have a Mossm day on some of the sponsor Sims like I read about in the forums .. Maybe we just need to find the fun and not worry about who is breeding the "Next best thing" Stop and really look at them. If food is an issue .. Cryo a few and wait .. Resources an issue? Concentrate on the High End and convert down .. there is always a way to make things work .. but in the end they are here to make you Smile .. don't give up on that Smile .. things will come .. When I started everyone seemed to be having fun .. what caused the magic to stop for you?

You must login to reply.