Recent breeding changes

Progenitor
Dec. 26, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago
Edited 10 years, 4 months ago by Moderator

We've blogged about these changes recently, but wanted to remind you about two changes that came our recently the can impact your breeding choices and results:

1. Which blends pass on which planets: You can only pass blends from the planet the blend originated on, or higher. Appaloosa is considered to be planet 5. This means that if you have a Zebra mossm, that zebra blend is only going to pass if you breed on planet 3 or higher.

2. Parents' Planets now go into the dna pool: As always, we bring in the dna from the planet we're breeding on. But we also now add in the dna from the planet of each of the two parents as well, at a reduced weight. This basically makes it easier to pass blends, and it also makes even solid mossms from higher tier planets more useful than their cousins from lower tier planets.

Zermit
Dec. 27, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago

statement #1 looks like its contradicting itself unless 1 is blend and the other is color?

You can only pass blends from the planet you're breeding on, or lower.

then ya say

This means that if you have a Zebra mossm, that zebra blend is only going to pass if you breed on planet 3 or higher.

i got to read up on the new breeding pages anyway just that line had me go huh?

Asymmetrical
Dec. 27, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago
Edited 10 years, 4 months ago by Asymmetrical

I fixed it, Zermit. He was in a hurry when he posted - we had some place to be. Thanks for pointing that out.

Pebbles Blake
Dec. 28, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago

Collections, I have sent off a lot of Mossms to complete collections, and have managed one, But I have sent off ten Mossms that do not fit into any collection , will there be future collections for them?

Asymmetrical
Dec. 28, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago

Pebbles,

Congrats on completing your first collection!!

There are over 6,000 possible color/blend combinations so it's likely - and probably realistic - that we will never cover every single type of Mossm; however, if you have an idea for a collection or some Mossms you'd like to see included eventually, post a list of the DNA scans here on the forums and I'll consider including them some time in the future.

Pebbles Blake
Dec. 28, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago

they are solid blacks , greens and whites. but they dont have the right skin types for the collections

Assie
Dec. 29, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago

Bit pity, for those poor leftover-mossms... Maybe a collection of 100 leftovers? Just for some extra splurt? At least they then would not show up evertytime on the page of the to choose collections.

Pebbles Blake
Dec. 29, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago

thats a good idea Assie! not sure'll hit a hundred , but with 9 sat there already , maybe I would. Also are we only able to complete each collection once?

Mrs Hunter Beorn
Dec. 29, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago

Ok, maybe this was covered but I have 2 questions about the power thingies.
1) I got a purple particle and it says that the mossm either mother or father needs to already have it infused in their DNA. If I go to the individual mossm, I am not able to apply it. Does this have something to do with breeding it in only on Faunarosa?
2) There is a pretty quick IMHO limit to how long a sent mossm can stay in the collection 'cache', exactly how long is the time period as I have some that could be applied to collections still? It takes a bit for me to decide which collection to apply to. I have really bit the bullet so to speak knowing how many I have sent off to space prior to the collection.(actually I am still gnashing my teeth). Could a longer time frame be used? Perhaps a month, then clear? IDK

I too have alot of black and pink solids etc but even if a new splurt were released, the ones already sent are 'expired' to qualify.

Asymmetrical
Dec. 29, 2013
10 years, 4 months ago
Edited 10 years, 4 months ago by Asymmetrical

Hunter, the color power ups change the color of particles for the offspring. If none if your Mossms have particles you can't change the color of partices. I'll try to make that more clear in the documentation.

There is no time limit for how long a mossm is eligible for a collection. It should only disappear once used. If you're seeing Mossms disappear without having used them something has gone wrong. Can you give us some Mossm names to look at that should be eligible but are not so we can investigate.

Pebbles, most collections are not repeatable but a few are.

You must login to reply.