Q&A

Eveline
Jan. 26, 2014
10 years, 3 months ago

Will the Q&A be posted on the website so people that didn't attend have a chance of reading all about it? I am very curious on what kind of questions there were, hoping it will answer some of my own questions aswell.

Would love to see it!

Mossms Rule LOL

Asymmetrical
Jan. 26, 2014
10 years, 3 months ago

I did not record it but I'll work on a summary and post it for you. It was quite fun and got a little off-topic at times but that's OK. It was fun to get everyone together. I look forward to the next one.

Richie Carami
Jan. 28, 2014
10 years, 3 months ago

was a wonderful Q&A i hope more can attend next time great job asym!!!! :)

Asymmetrical
Jan. 29, 2014
10 years, 3 months ago
Edited 10 years, 3 months ago by Asymmetrical

The Q&A was a mixture of voice and text discussion. It was not recorded and I don't save chat logs so I'll do my best to summarize the questions, answers and discussion topics. Here we

go...

Q: Why do I get solids when there are no solids in my ancestry?
A: Every time you breed the planet throws its DNA into the DNA pool. Every planet has solid DNA in it. This means there is always a chance to get a solid.

Comment: If I have no solids in ancestry I shouldn't get a solid and I don't want a solid.
Response: We understand that sometimes you're geting things that you don't want. This is true for all of the breedables and it's actually an important part of the formula. In order for the cool things to be cool there has to be something that is uncool. If we put a blend in place of solid that would become the unwanted thing. We won't be removing solids from the game. If you really dislike solids or other blends, pay attention to what you are breeding, remove variables from the DNA pool by putting similar things together and you will radically improve your breeding reliability. You will never completely remove the solids from your breeding experience but you can radically reduce it by breeding smart.

Q: Can I apply two particle color changing particles during a single breeding session?
A: Yes. Every particle has a start and end color and you can use two color power ups during a single breeding session.

Additional Info: You can use up to 7 powerups during a single breeding session: You could apply a blend(apaloosa), a color(rainbow), a particle, a glow, a shine, and 2 color changing power-ups and have them all appear on the new mossm. So you could make some pretty amazing mossms using power-ups! Imagine an appaloosa mossm with rainbow color, black and red sonar particles that also have glow and shine WOW!

Q: Can particles pass?
A: Yes, particles can pass on any planet if one of the relevant ancestors possess particles.

The same is true of glow and shine.

Q: Is it true that Appaloosa can only pass on Faunarosa?
A: Yes that is true! You can acquire the blend on any planet if you use the power-up but passing the blend to later generations can only be done on Faunarosa. Choose your planets carefully, though. Mossms carry DNA from the planet they were born on and you may introduce blends you don't want into your blood lines this way.

Q: I used to get moonstars on Mossomopolis how come I can't do that anymore.
A: In order for any Mossms to be more desirable than another the amount of effort involved must scale from easy to difficult. Under our previous system all mossms could eventually be created on the cheapest planet. This resulted in users making all mossms with little effort in addition to stock piling quantities of resources and eating through new content instantly.

Under our new system, the difficulty to obtain certain blends is much more apparant. Odds and chance are still a factor so your actual costs fluctate but everyone now knows that a 2rd generation appaloosa with appaloosa parents born on Faunarosa was expensive to make in terms of time and resources.

Q: Do Mossms have hidden traits?
A: We wouldn't call them hidden because you can tell what they are. That said, in addition to visible traits, every mossm also carries DNA from the planet it was born on and the parents (only the parents) in a breeding session can pass the DNA from the planet they were born on. If you have old Moonstars born on Mossomopolis you might consider throwing them into a collection. They can pass gradients if you breed them or their offspring.

Q: Why can't I repeat some of the easier collections?
A: If we made all collections repeatable players would complete the easy ones only. For example, if it were repeatable someone would go purchase 100 starter kits and repeat hairball enough times to earn enough splurt to buy rainbow. As it is now, earning splurt requires effort not money.

There was some discussion about secondary market pricing that we declined to comment on with one exception... Our feedback: don't rule out the idea that you can make lots of money with micro payments. In fact, you may make more by pricing things reasonable than you will be trying to move one big ticket item.

We talked about the upcoming tools for selling your Mossms. Players with 10 Mossms or more. Will be able to list mossms for sale on our website. Players will be able to list up to 20 Mossms for sale in 48 hour increments. Users will then teleport to your location to buy your mossms.

We talked about the upcoming affiliate program. Anyone that would like a store will be able purchase vendors and appear on our buy page. Affiliates will be sorted based soley on performance and affiliates with less than 10 Mossms will not appear on the buy page at all.

We talked about our upcoming auction scheduler. Users with 10 Mossms or more that would like to run auctions will be allowed to post them on our website. Your upcoming auctions will appear on every players control panel and disappear when it is over.

We also talked generally about other things that are being worked on in parallel - eyes and sports namely - and we also discussed how this year we will be prioritizing features over tweaks and that some seemingly smaller things may take longer to get to as we strive towards providing new traits and sports.

Thanks to everyone who participated. I look forward to the next one.

Eveline
Jan. 29, 2014
10 years, 3 months ago

Thank you so much Asymmetrical for this!

Altered
Feb. 2, 2014
10 years, 3 months ago

I or Leigh can record them if you guys wish :)

Asymmetrical
Feb. 2, 2014
10 years, 3 months ago

Thanks!

Queen of the Apocalypse
March 10, 2014
10 years, 2 months ago

i have lost my mossms is there away to get them back

Asymmetrical
March 10, 2014
10 years, 2 months ago
Edited 10 years, 2 months ago by Asymmetrical

You sure can get them back. You can recover starved Mossms every 14 days, it costs a little extra food to do it, so be sure you have some food in your account then go to this page: http://mossms.com/cs/recovery/ and follow the directions.

*hugs*

Asymmetrical

You must login to reply.