Blossm Farm

Stela Zanzibar
May 15, 2014
10 years ago

Hi,

I just got my Blossm Farm tonight and I'm watching these Mossms water the land over and over and over... they never plant and nothing grows. What is the normal rate of points earned on this because the points have not moved since I rezzed this.

Thank you
Stela

Asymmetrical
May 15, 2014
10 years ago
Edited 10 years ago by Asymmetrical

Hi Stela,

Mossms don't all report in at the same time so it could happen sooner or it could happen ater but you should start seeing BLS post to your account about an hour after getting a new item.

Mossms earn 12.5 resources per hour in the farm with its 25% bonus and if you have 5 Mossms in there at all times it has an earning capacity of 1500 BLS per day.

You've had the farm for about 2 hours so I'd expect to see about 125 BLS right now assuming there are Mossms in the farm at all times. If they leave and go to a non BLS environment your earnings will be divided between all environment types used.

The visual issues you are having are unrelated to the earning capacity. We'll be investigating a fix for those of you that have the visual problem sometime in the future.

Stela Zanzibar
May 15, 2014
10 years ago

Thank you for responding so quickly! I've earned about 100 BLS since I rezzed it so I'm probably good to go.

I went to two locations where I knew there were farms. The Mossms store inworld and the tractor was just watering the land like mine. I may not have watched long enough. Then another Avi that I know breeds them and hers were planting but she had multiple tractors.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this farm because about a week ago I saw one working well and things growing and being harvested rather quickly.

Thank you for the information though!
Stela

Asymmetrical
May 15, 2014
10 years ago

As an experiment, try this for me. Move the farm away from all other environments 11 meters or more. You want it so that no mossm can leave except to greet avatars. Then put 5 mossms in it and see if it solves your visual problems.

Stela Zanzibar
May 16, 2014
10 years ago

Hi,

Actually I had already done that because I was trying to benchmark the amount of pts, but then you told me the pts it earns. So, I never changed anything.
It's definitely far enough away and there are 5 Mossms. I will check the visual issues in a bit as I need to login to RL work. But my BLS points are up to 790 from 239 when I logged off last night. So something is happening.. :-)

Asymmetrical
May 16, 2014
10 years ago

Great! I made the change I mentioned here to my own farm at the main sim and the plants are growing so I'm hoping yours will start growing too.

Stela Zanzibar
May 16, 2014
10 years ago
Edited 10 years ago by Stela Zanzibar

I just logged in real quick and I have plants!!! And my BLS are up over 1000. I didn't change anything from when I initially rezzed and put 5 Mossms there so maybe last night we had SL issues. Thank you for your quick responses and assistance!

You know, I did forget to mention thing. Sometimes the Mossm that is riding the tractor thing replicates and is on the ground as well. Especially when the tractor is watering the barn and not the land. :-)

Example, right now Davide is riding the tractor and watering the barn, but Davide is also standing on the ground by the pool of water.

I was attributing this to lag.

Asymmetrical
May 16, 2014
10 years ago
Edited 10 years ago by Asymmetrical

Oh, yay for plants!

There are some visual bugs that cropped up when we added eyes ears and tails and we do plan on fixing them in the not too distant future. In the mean time take comfort knowing that your resources are not affected by those bugs.

If you'd like a work around... put 5 mossms in there that have no special DNA (ie... no eyes ears and tails) and it will work brilliantly!

Ice
July 31, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

I have a question about the farm. My partner and I are sharing environments. When the blossoms are grown what mossm is getting the credit for the blossoms? I was just curious because they move all the time and a couple of mine will be there then a couple of his etc.

Asymmetrical
Aug. 1, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Isoly, all of the Mossms in the farm are earning BLS for the duration that they are in the farm. As cute as the watering and growing is, that part is just visual and doesn't affect the earning capacity. So if you each have 2 mossms in there they will both earn BLS. Does that make sense?

You must login to reply.