Questions for Marketplace Users

Asymmetrical
June 10, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago
Edited 9 years, 11 months ago by Asymmetrical

I'd like to hear how the marketplace is working out for both buyers and sellers. Particular points of interest are as follows:

Questions for Sellers
1) Is the listing period long enough (currently 4 days)
2) Is the listing limit of 20 Mossms adequate?

Questions for Buyers
3) How is the reliability of active listings? (ie.. is the Mossm actually at the store when you get there?
4) Are you seeing new and fresh Mossms every few days or are the listings stale?

Any other experiences, good or bad, you'd like to share with us about the marketplace? We'd love to hear them but, please take note of a these two things before submitting feature requests....
- We do not plan to include pricing on the marketplace. This encourages undercutting/price wars and discourages exploration.
- We provide the SLURL for the exact location of the Mossm at the time it is listed. Unfortunately, if the store owner has forced teleporting turned on their land it will override our SLURL and you may have to explore the land to find the Mossm. There's nothing we can do about this.

Assie
June 10, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

I think at all points the mp is working good. I do have the idea that still part of the ppl don't know it's there lol.

Doogz Weston
June 11, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

I am happy with it as a buyer and agree with listing of prices. Limits for sellers is great too so there is no flooding of the marketplace making the search maddening like other Marketplaces...*cough* lol

Asymmetrical
June 11, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

Thanks, both of you, for the input!

Assie - We've been batting around the idea of adding the marketplace and events links to a more noticeable spot to help with those that don't know its there.

avalon Raymaker
June 11, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

I also agree with the limit, Doogz point is well made as to flooding....and never should prices be posted, it may irritate some, but agrees it would only cause friction, and ultimately sadly price wars.

Eveline
June 17, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

I think it is working great too, the only thing I would love to see added is the ability to search for all mossms for sale on one seller. So you can see what the person has for sale more then the one you are looking at. Do I make any sense?

Asymmetrical
June 18, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

That totally makes sense. I'd like to see some organizational tweaks myself. We'll see what we can do next time we do web updates.

Mirinda Arado
June 18, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

I would love the possibility to search the name. some people named the mossm with traits, "shizzle OS" for example.

Asymmetrical
June 18, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

You cannot sort by name but you can sort by trait type. Just click on the trait you want in the left and it will filter the results down to what you select. You can select combinations of things too; like moonstar shizzle, for example.

Mirinda Arado
June 18, 2014
9 years, 11 months ago

sure, I know that. perhaps my english is not good enough to explain what I mean.

You must login to reply.