Secondary Market

Noxluna Nightfire
Aug. 8, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Hey everyone, just out of curiosity, because it seems to me that peeps have different views on this, what do you perceive the secondary market to be. I have actually had disagreements with people on this, so I'd love to see your input.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Noxie

Doogz Weston
Aug. 8, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

In my opinion there seems to be a problem with the secondary market and for that reason I do kind of change my view on number of auctions going back to previous post by Crux. Auction prices should not reflect the secondary market and I believe it is. Auction prices are based on individual demand of a specific coat, dna, etc. I believe the secondary market should be more unified to be honest. I understand there was a spike in demand for treefrogs when they came out but the outrageous price they were going for at auctions shouldn't reflect what the secondary market should put them at. Auctions should be for "special" mossms and unfortunately (and i was guilty myself) they are getting alot of average (NOT bad mind you) choices. So with that, I do think perhaps there are too many auctions.

Majickk ŴĄиĐєЯĨиĞ Moиdai
Aug. 8, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

if we are going by the traditional "investment lingo" terms

A secondary market is when an investor purchases from another investor rather than from the company itself.

example being:
If you bought some stock in "mossms inc" from me rather than from Asymmetrical and her team; then you and I would be participants in a secondary market exchange.

With that being the "definition" I am working with :
Everyone who purchases a mosmms from anywhere other than the mossms vendor is a secondary market participant.

Further, to address a sentiment I've heard repeatedly as of late. If you have mossms odds are you are also a part of the secondary market. the secondary market is made up of all of us who buy and sell mossms, if you feel it is broken then you most likely played a part in its problematic behaviors.

you as breeders control the value of your mossms.
don't expect to pay cheap prices for others mossms and get high valuations on your own mossms.

Asymmetrical
Aug. 8, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Nox - Just for clarification, are you asking how healthy the market is or are you asking for a definition of secondary market?

Noxluna Nightfire
Aug. 8, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

the definition of secondary market as people perceive it to be regarding breedables.

Doogz Weston
Aug. 8, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

well as for definition, yes majikk explained it well. of course i always gotta put my 2 cents in lol. yes i know people would love to have me keep quiet lol. *shrugs*

Asymmetrical
Aug. 10, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

Thanks,

Doogz, I was not intending to quiet you, I wanted to know so I could answer myself. All feedback is welcome here.

I believe that the secondary market involves buy/selling/trading/auctioning of Mossms, services related to Mossms (like market stalls - and auction house owners), and items related to Mossms (like pre-fab pathfinding builds).

Majickk ŴĄиĐєЯĨиĞ Moиdai
Aug. 10, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

eloquent as always asymmetrical :)

Doogz Weston
Aug. 10, 2014
9 years, 9 months ago

you're fine asy lol. was not directed to you.

You must login to reply.