Time Zones and Events

Alexandra Twitchy
April 15, 2016
8 years ago

Timezones can be so pedantic when you take into account the variables on various web pages whether it is summer or winter or whether the areas you live in even do daylight savings time. Twitchy's is situated in GMT+10 EAST: East Australian Standard Time. After some searching for the best way to tackle this advise from another Aussie to base our own time with arizona time and it is the exact same time as second life time. I set up an event in Facebook for Parade of Mossms Homes and of course it was NOT the right time.

It can be a pain in the butt living downunder. We may be under the rest of the world but we are always celebrating before everyone else. But a free tool I use (NOW) is a FREE World Time Clock by Alicia Stella or ASD it's on the marketplace. I had made one years ago but was always a hassle to manually change the times. This clock is perfect easy to adjust take off or put on Daylight saving time at one click. I shall be keeping it in our Store.

I find this site the best for my needs http://www.timebie.com/timelocal/arizona.php

Alexandra Twitchy
April 15, 2016
8 years ago

For those with a Window 10 PC can set up several time zones on the desktop clock you can add or remove time zones and clocks by left clicking on the clock and click time and date settings to change.

Altered
April 21, 2016
8 years ago
Edited 8 years ago by Altered

I know how you feel. I am in South Oz, so we have that odd 0:30 min time zone which always confuzzles me. I use timebie too, it helps heaps, but I still stuff up sometimes :P
I can't set up the W10 for time zones, I test/kill W10 for MS, I also get the hassle of MS stuffing around with my settings every time they change version on me :(

Alexandra Twitchy
April 30, 2016
7 years, 12 months ago

Yeah thankfully Qld is still the backward state so no daylight savings (because the curtains will fade etc) I live 3 hours or so from Brisbane so in my neck of the woods we want DLS but a lot of farmers and old biddies still think it is evil. But for inworld no DLS helps a lot.

You must login to reply.