New format to see the backgrounds

ღ Şaвℓє Aηηє Quan ღ
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I don't like it at all !!! Is there a way to choose to have it or revert back to the old way???

Desy
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I don't like it either, I can see how some can like it. But with me using magnifying glasses as it is, the smaller text I cant read anymore. And as auctioneer its important to be able to see what I am reading. Would love an option to view the pages the old way

Morducai
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Morducai

I prefer the new way. but if you hover your mouse over of the pictures of the mossms in the tree you will get a fairly large "pop-up" box that tells the "breed". the sex, the traits and the age of the specific mossm.
If that doesn't help you can always just increase the size of your text in your browser using the Zoom button.

Asymmetrical
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that you lovely ladies don't like the new view but we won't be changing it back. We can try to make them a little larger than they are now, though.

Ayanna
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

For me the new view takes a lot of getting used to. I wish we could have the option to revert back to the old way as well. Since we can't it would be nice if the hover over popup included a larger pic as well as the stats or at the very least if the overall pics in the tree were larger.

Asymmetrical
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Asymmetrical

Anytime something changes radically it will take some getting used to. I actually even agree that the other view was visually more appealing but I think the other view was less functional. Tracing family history or getting DNA scans of the ancestors required a large number of click throughs. That isn't true anymore. There is actually a lot more information on a single page than there used to be.

Progenitor
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Progenitor

I'm hearing: text too small, images too small.

Is the idea of a family tree layout good, but it's just too small the way I have it?

Also: what size do you use your browsers at, usually? I usually set mine to be about 2/3 the width of a 1920x1080 monitor. It's easy for me to envision people saying it's too big after I make it a size you like. Perhaps I can experiment with making it dynamically adjust the size....

Morducai
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Make the text giant or teeny tiny, red, yellow, purple , green,whatever but please leave it in tree format.

When it was the old way all I heard was everyone wanted a tree format. Now there is a tree format no one seems to like it but me.

One possible solution would be to allow people to choose their type of view (tree or old version). I don't know if that's possible.

Aizik
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I like it very well ..I tend to click on what ever mossy in the tree to look at it for more info if I need it ,,and or I just run up my zoom on my page .. this has helped a lot to see a better layout of what they may pop out.
My fave 2 things yet to have that would be cool:
is a way to see the babies and their tree
And see all my podded ones .. with out hunting and a way to find them in the pod they are the ones most set to sell and I forget what I have and where they are stashed at.

χ էυɭα η٥cէurηα էɧ٥rηe χ
July 15, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I really like the family tree! So much easier to see which ones are parents, grandparents and great grandparents! WTG! Like Aizik I would also like to see which babies the mossm has had, and also have an easier way to look at your cryo freezed mossms.

You must login to reply.