How many people breed Mossms?

Morducai
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

The past few days there has been a little discussion in these forums that what is needed for Mossm community , is for more people to get into Mossms.

That got me thinking... Where do Mossms rank in terms of the amount of people who raise/breed them? There is no real point in my question other than the curiosity factor.

I was hooked on Mossms straight from BETA. They were(are) unique, cute, fun, funny and a number of other adjectives.So I am a bit surprised to hear that more people aren't into them. I just figured people would flock to them. Off the top of my head without any thought or research into it, I would probably say they rank about 6th or 7th as for the number of people into them.

Maybe it is because they are still relatively new that more people aren't into them? Or is it just an exaggeration that there aren't a real lot of people into them? I don't know..Like I said, I'm just curious.

IF it is true that not a lot of people raise them, then what are the reasons why they don't? I should add that for the purpose of my question I am talking about the "breedables community" Not the fact that "people just aren't into breedables any more"

Ayanna
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I am seeing a boom in the mossm market at the moment. Everytime someone sees one they are curious, I pass them a cryopod and they are hooked. There have been over 6 new breeders just this week that I have helped get into mossms. I think its just a matter of showing people what mossms are, educating them how to partake, and welcoming them into the community with open arms ;))

Manannan Amat
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I been giving some mossms to other, to help get started.
But been speaking with more people, they been asking about the big breeders, and it seems they not want to join as the big breeders, have advance in can breed more and get the new stuff faster.
I believe if it was more fair for all, more people would join.
Maybe could make it so only could make like 5 babies a week, then all would have to think more about how to breed and it would allso make less mossms on the market and believe that will make selling be more joyful Again.
Just a small breeders openion. and sorry for the bad English hope you understand the meaning

Aloriana Shadowstar
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

I tend to give cryo as well to new breeders to get them started. As far as the big breeders having an unfair advantage, it is an age old discussion that is at every single breedable and everytime. In an earlier thread you can see the viewpoint of a big breeder and the -costs- that they have. There honestly is no advantage whatsoever by being a bigger breeder.

It is a myth that bigger breeders have an advantage, ofcourse having 400 mossms you are bound to have more "rares" than with 10 mossms, but you also have 40 times the cost.

Manannan Amat
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Manannan Amat

Yes but it was not to bring up the big breeders, but to tell what i did hear what people saying about the mossms.
For me it did sound like the people not join mossms, is because they want something where all can be equal what ever how many mossms you have.
Why i did think about it and why i did say maybe if make it like only can breed like 5 babies every day
Is just a idea, on how could make more people join and make more fun for all.
I love my mossms and would like see the auction did start sell Again, much more fun go to a auction and see the mossms selling, even i only have sold 1, i go for the fun, last auction i was at, there was like 14 mossms for sale, more very nice but actually only 1 mossms sold.

Little Lelou Bender
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

People whine about fairness in every breedable and really I'm getting tired of hearing it. You always hebe an advantage when you start a breedables from beta, and if you can afford more then a starter pack you have more chances to breed. On the flip side to this if your starting mossms today you chose to you can walk to any market spend 2k on fabulous mossms and save yourself weeks of frustrations because a another breeder has done the hard work for you. To play any breedable game takes some linden, if you intend to breed your aware of that going into it. Mossms in my opinion make things easy on people new to breeding because they clearly explain things on thier website, they answer questions in the group chat, they have that awesome recovery system, and they even give you breeding tips.

Morducai
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Morducai

A couple of people mentioned that they give cryos to new breeders. I like that idea.Guess I will start doing that as well when I hear of new breeders.

I also agree that Mossms do make it very easy on those new to breeding.The staff and community are always a big help.Not to mention the fact that the creators listen to our suggestions and very rarely dismiss them right away. Speaking for me only, that gives me a sense of community, that our opinions do count, Those are just a few of the reasons I am surprised not more are into Mossms.

Asymmetrical
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago
Edited 10 years, 9 months ago by Asymmetrical

One way to get a feel for how we "rank" relative to other breedables is to check our group size compared to the other breedables.

KittyCats: 6716
BioBreeds: 6051
Fennux: 5528
Amaretto: 4048
Dwarfins: 2130
Gempandas: 1787
Meeroos: 1615
ABC: 1376
Booshiees: 890
Wild Kingdom:888
Mossms: 620
JingJing: 377
Imaginimals: 336

I think those numbers make it pretty clear that there is lots of room for us to grow.

P.S. Thank you all for the super nice compliments. We appreciate it!

Mrs Hunter Beorn
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

The product needs more variability and give some damn control to the breeder. I dont buy into the breeding formula for these at all.

http://mossms.com/p/Asymmetrical/mossm/Sanderson/

Isnt moonstar from Black Starlight?

Probably a test or something but the product is stale for 'normal' breeders

I am not going to slam here or flame but give me break, pink on Mossopolis with starters?

http://mossms.com/p/Asymmetrical/mossm/Duncan/

Probably testing something I am sure but as a non-affiliated breeder, this breedable is a pain in the ass. I love so much about them EXCEPT the breeding, go figure.

If I get a solid they are getting thrown in a blender at this point BUT if there were new traits the market would rebound (still cannot believe how much money talk there is at this stage of the game). I am a breeder first and not here to make money off of these and for people like me, this sucks. I would hang onto a black if I could make red eyes or purple eyes. I would buy a white or cherish one that I could add a glow coat to. Just because the old breedable mindset is frowned upon, it does not mean there are things such as traits from years ago that would not work today for the mossm.

The blue Mossm would take on new value alone if there was a cool trait such as 'candycane coat' that make it red white and blue etc.

I think that people need to shut up already about the market and ask yourselves why did you buy that first starter set?

I wanted the game, the stats, to improve a mossm. I had dwarffins at the time of the mossm launch and thought of how cool interactive environments BUT they didnt improve a damn thing for them like mining or reading so they went into the blender and I stopped breeding them.

I know they are working on the stat aspect, that is what I came here for, crocodile wrestling OH HELL YES! Breeding to make a smart nerdy mossm or athlete? I am all in

Jiminy Kling
July 18, 2013
10 years, 9 months ago

Dang i want that pair Angelita and Alastair! 4 honeybadgers, 4 moonstars, 2 zebras, 2 cheetahs all from mossmpolis! wait... that makes 12 babies, bonus lol!
Keep up the good work Mossm Team :)) Im having lot of fun building lines to achieve some personnal goals with my mossms. I dont know about stats and skills but if its something like the fennux yu have to battle and such, i know it is not my thing.

PS : erm see what spoilers do.. it can be good to keep some things for yourself sometimes :D

You must login to reply.